Thursday 31 January 2013

Thursday again

Well my inbox is full this morning so please bear with me while I play 'catch up'!!!! Part of the reason for spacing the days out this year has been because of the many hours I need just to keep up with you all. I'm NOT complaining - I'm enjoying it all.

First in this morning is from Adrian who has this to say:-

"Hi Jane

Here are my Day 7s.

It's looking more like a flower basket all the time, so I'm waiting for it to turn into something completely different!

Adrian"




Next in is from Allison who says:-

"Here is Day 7 for me!!! I'm not so sure as to what the pattern could be now. I had to rotate the picture around because I scanned it upside down and it got me thinking....from this view it reminds me of a Jellyfish. This is TOO much fun! I also organized my thread box today and I might start one of two more in some pretty variegated threads I forgot I had! hehe! Cheers! Allison"




Pamela (aka TotusMel) nearly forgot her day 7:-

"Almost forgot to send you my day 7...I'm enjoying the practice this ia giving me, but I've decided I'm not going guess what it is anymore."




Denise is next in the inbox and her comment follows:-

"Well here I am finished with Day 7. It sort of looks like a pram again. But I'm guessing I'm wrong. I wonder if I shouldn't flip it upside down and look at it that way, or maybe turn it sideways. Come on, you can tell us, which way is the top? haha

Thanks for the fun,

Denise from Austin, TX"




Final one before breakfast is Liz with days 6 and 7 and who says:-

"Hi Jane

Here is Day 6 and Day 7 - good news I didn't have to unpick the ring because I followed your instructions and yes they were spot-on.

regards

Liz" 

Liz had problems with the pattern today but manfully (or woman fully) managed to sort it out. 


Changed my mind - one more before breakfast as this came in just before midnight. After breakfast I'll tackle the rest!!!
This is from Judy who says:-
"No, I haven't trimmed my threads not going to until the end.
I liken split rings to the days, I started learning to tat with a cast on my right arm. It was frustrating and difficult." 

Just a couple more between breakfast and grocery shopping. 
First Katie who has resorted to rhyme!!! 
"Oh, that Jane! Now she's at it again;
TIAS can cause such a strain.
It's... Godzilla.. a pram...
Taj Mahal... Amsterdam ?
This uncertainty's scrambling my brain.
Really, Jane, will we even know what it is when we're done?!!
My husband wrote the limerick in honor of the mischief you're making.
Tatty hugs anyway!
Katie V in NC"
Where are the rest of them, Katie?!?!?

Now before I go out I have JB who says:-
"Hi Jane,
Here is days 5, 6 &7. 
After I had completed day 6, I realized that I did not do the lock chains. So, I untatted both days. Ta da...days 5-7 done right--I hope. I'm still having a blast even with the redo. 
Thanks do much. 
JB"

Back from grocery shopping (YUCK job like the H word) and I now have Heather who says:-
"Hi Jane, here is my day 7. My basket is coming along great, thanks Heather."

Now I have Diane's comment and picture:-
"Hi Jane,
I had very little time to tat today, so I was very grateful for the next installment of the 2013 TIAS... just enough to keep me going! Thanks!"

Sunela has now sailed into view with her day 7 - well, that's according to her the sailing bit!!!
"Looks like we are going to "sail" somewhere :)" 

Now I have Dorcas who has totally another opinion!!!
"Good evening, Jane. Well, good very early morning your time. Attached is my day 7. I can still see a pram. I am leaning more towards my orignal idea of a window box though.
Dorcas"

Now for some reason I have Sunela's day 6 which has now come in. No worries - here it is:-
"Here you go.... This is just fantastic." 

Next is Bernice who is sure of what it is!!! 
"Day 7 of TIAS still looks like a baby buggy to me. Bernice 

Sharon still doesn't know what we're making - neither do I, Sharon!!!!!
"Here is my scan for day 7. I still have no idea what we are making."

Next is from Omar who knows me very well - she thinks!!!!
"Hi Jane.
Day 7 complete and I'm still in the dark. I can see why many are seeing the baby carriage but I know how devious you can be so I'm going to keep my guess till nearer the end.
Looking forward to the next clue.
Omar 

Rosemary's back with two TIAS's and she says:-
"I'm going to have a guess... a container that's going to hold flowers. :)
Rosemary

Hey - I've been sent a present in exchange for something I sent to Fiona. I didn't know I had but there you go ..........
"Hi Jane,
First I have to thank you, Melbourne has gotten a lot of rain this afternoon/evening...since you sent us some rain, I'm sending you some sun and it is on it's way now! 
Day 7 almost has me agreeing with those guessing it is a pram, though this could still be an attachment point for a balloon. Can hardly wait for day 8! 
Fiona T" 

Now I have Karen's day 7 and her comment is as follows:-
"Hi All, Here is my Day 7. I never got time to play yesterday as life took over LOL. I too thought it looked like a pram but we shall see isn't that right Jane"

Next in is Maureen with an interesting observation - she says:-
"Didn't manage it last night, but here it is. I really don't know what it is, even though John keeps telling me it's a basket; but as I was working away, it suddenly dawned on me why I prefer written patterns to diagrams! - it would be really hard, wouldn't it, to have a TIAS in pictures! Words for me, every time - although I HAVE come to grips with diagrams too, after all these years. It's been rather like learning a foreign language."

Tine hasn't sent a picture but has taken the time to make a comment:-
"Hi Jane.
Is it a flower basket.
Greets Tine" 

Do take a close look at Frances's picture and read her comment. What a clever idea to keep shuttles and tatting organised. She says:-
"Hi Jane
Here are my Day 7s. This is my brilliant idea! Use a microfiber duster on my lap so I can see the thread clearly and machine down the corners to make a pouches for the shuttles so they dont get tangled when I fold the whole thing up when I am finished. The microfiber holds the tatting in place for when I next want to tat.
Frances UK" 
What a splendid excuse to NOT be able to do the dusting!!!!

Now I have Rebecca's day 7 and she's decided to take action on the puzzle:-
"Hi Jane,
Attached is my day 7 installment. I turned the picture upside down to see if it would help me guess, it didn't.
Rebecca 
Michigan, USA"





Next in is Judy who says:-

"My guess it is a potted plant of some kind" 


Now I have Denise who has this to say:-
"Here is my day 7. This is fun." 

Brenda has popped in now after making a valiant rescue of her original TIAS which she left behind at her brother's house. Now she has both of them to show you!!
"Hi Jane,
I have finally been able to go to my brothers now the snow has cleared. 
I now have both of my ………..whatever they are.
Brenda" 

Now I've got Sonja's days 6 & 7 all rolled into one. She says:-
"Dear Jane,just I've finished day 6 + 7. I can't see what the pattern would. It isn't a hen - but it is? I'll see soon.
Sonja = CH" 

Next in I have two pictures and comments from Marjorie. Here's the first:-
"An oops! This was supposed to be the one I did _not_ make mistakes on, but I picked it up first this morning. And see what happened- I misread Ring 35!
I'm still pondering if I want to take out four rings to correct my error. Maybe not :) Should I start another one, or fix this one? (rhetorical question) This was the one where I used different threads so I could see what was going on.
Marjorie Wilser " 
Next our intrepid Marjorie came up with this:-
"Ok, on this one-- in finer thread-- I managed to read Ring 35 correctly. Too bad it's the one I did before I really understood the Catherine Wheel join! Welcome to my learning curve. 
Now I have another rhymer!!! This time from an email address I recognise but can't put a name to - where IS brain cell 3?
"Ok Jane, I have resisted the rhyming until now. After last years rhyming responses to your TIAS I walked around for months speaking in rhymes until family members had to have an intervention too get me back on track verbally! LOL 
There is just something about the TIAS that brings the rhymes out of me. 

Oh dear, oh me
I can not think what it will be!
It’s no longer a boat sailing on the bay
or a high flying balloon drifting away.
A basket of flowers? A baby pram?
I’m perplexed, that I am!
I change my guess with each new clue.
I’m no closer to knowing than on day two.
That is why it’s so much fun.
It is a mystery from day one 
that does not end till the game is done."

AHA, I've found out who our secret rhymer is - it's Sarah from Connecticut.  She also asks if there is anybody else who lives over her 'neck of the woods'.  If anybody does then please contact me and I'll link you up.



Nima is next in with her day 7 - she says:-

"Jane, looks like from thatched roof house it is moving towards a flower pot.... lol.
Nima"

Elizabeth is now here with her lovely picture of day 7 and her comment as follows:-
"More flower for my basket. This is so much fun. Thank you Jane."

Andrea's just arrived with her day 7 and her comment as follows:-
"Hi Jane,
Here is Day 7 and it's looking more and more like a chicken ... according to my hubby!! I agree, but only time will tell!
Best wishes
Andrea x"


3 comments:

Madhur Dadlani said...

I love all the colors, particularly those of Pamela, Denise and Liz. Observed Sunela's "whatever it is" and realized that lock chain meant 1st half of EACH ds flippd and 2nd unflipped. Is that so?

Jane Eborall said...

That's right, Madhur but don't panic as I only used that technique to make a less 'bulky' look to that part of the pattern. Don't you DARE take it out of all your pieces and re-do it or I'll be coming right over to India to tell you off!

Madhur Dadlani said...

Now I know exactly what to do to play host to you soon! It will be an honor.