Monday 19 February 2018

The last of the last.

It's a sad day today as this is the final day of the final Tat It And See. Thank you all for taking part.  In particular I'd like to thank Riet and Julie for their hard work in translating the TIAS into Dutch and French.  Also for picking up on my mistakes for which I'm always grateful.

I have found that fewer people started this time (114) whereas I've had over 150 in the past. At day 14 that was down to 44 when I went to bed last night. 

I'll miss you all but I'll be retiring back to my usual blog sometime this week.

On this final day please could you tell us which country you live in and (if you know) which thread you used.

Meanwhile - here is the link for the mermaid's hair. The complete mermaid will shortly be available on my website - watch my 'other' blog for news on that.

Well who would've guessed - it's my dear friend Jenni in first again. How many times is that, Jenni?
Sorry to hear about your arm but glad you managed to finish your mermaid.
1. "Day off today because I hurt my arm helping move some furniture.
Luckily it is not a full on tat part of the TIAS or I would not be able to finish.
Thought I would add some long green locks. Looks like it was a lucky guess!!
Thank you Jane for all the TIAS fun you have given us over the years.
You are the best at motivating us!!
Oops.... Mooroopna, Australia.  Thread was Manuela 20 (no longer available) for body and tail, and lovely shiny Anchor Perle 12 for her hair
Luv ya."


Next in is Ilona with a lovely picture of herself and her finished mermaid too. She says:
2. "Dear Jane,
Now we have arrived at our last task. And here is our very nice modern mermaid of 21st century:)
It's difficult to express how I respect you, how I appreciate your work with us. You had much patience to us, you were ready to answer, help any time. It was my first time to take part in this game, and I really loved it! It was great to see so many skillful "girls" from all around the world. I learnt new methods, and realised I have to learn more to make tatting better. 
love; Ilona Barath (from Hungary - Zalaegerszeg ) -- oh yes, and I used Eldorado thread.




Next in is Fanny with her day 14 and she says:
"My little mermaid already wants to swim!"

I love your picture, Fanny.




Claire is next with her days 10 and 11 and she has this to say:
"Hello Jane and fellow tatters, 
During the days 10 & 11 of this TIAS 2018, the head was finished, then attached to the body, and the second shoulder was formed. Next is the second arm, right?
Have a nice day."



Denise is next with her day 14 and she has this to say:
"She’s ready to swim!!!!!

Denise W"


Mary is next with her finished mermaid and she says:
3. "Jane,
Here she is! Finished with her lame arm! Next one will be better. Great fun. Thank you, thank you for all your effort. You put in a great amount of time and deserve a rest. But I’m still hoping you’ll reconsider for next year.
Off on a cruise early tomorrow morning.
Mary in California"



Coretta is next with her day 14 and she says:
"Mine is an evil mermaid, it’s those black eyes. :) I finished this section and thought I’d try it with longer picots for the joins next time, make the tail a bit taller. Trying to decide if I make her hair yellow like a Lobasta or blue because I want it blue. 
Coretta"



Next in my inbox is Janet with her day 14 and she says:
"Hello Jane,
Slid my picture in right under the wire! She is off the shuttles once again. On and off may be getting her sea sick!
Thanks,
Janet fron GA"



Linda is next with her day 14 and the following comment:
"Hello, Sorry to be late. I thought next tat would be Monday, 
only to find out it was today and last on Monday. Any way. 
They now have a flipper. Be back tomorrow. 
I have enjoy see all the stitchers that have been TIAS
Hugs
Linda"



Next mermaid to arrive is from Kathryn who has this to say:
4. "Dear Jane,
Here is my finished mermaid, Thank you for helping us through the making of it. I had thought red was the wrong colour but I found pictures of lovely red mermaid dresses and of mermaids with red tails and bikini tops so I think red is ok after all. The thread is Anchor Aida 20.
I will miss the next installment each day but maybe I will do some of the old ones."



Emily has arrived with her final day and she says:
5. "Thanks so much for hosting, I know this must have been a lot of work for you. I have had so much fun tatting along with everyone to make these adorable mermaids!! 
I'm from the United States.
The little mermaid is tatted using Lizbeth sz 20 thread in Rainbow Taffy and her hair is embroidery thread from my stash.
The larger mermaid is tatted using Artiste sz 10 Cotton Crochet thread in Blossom and her hair is Aunt Lydia's Classic sz 10 Cotton Crochet thread in Orchid Pink.
~Emily"



Maureen is next with her little mermaid and she's made me realise how long we've been playing together. Remember the rabbit, Maureen and all the years you waited for it?!?!?!
6. I must have been channelling Gilbert and Sullivan, because all I could think of was Braiding the Raven Hair...... but I don't think it turned out very well! My vsps were TOO small, so that it was quite a challenge to thread the hair through.
Yes, it is sad to think that the TIAS of every New Year has run it's course, but everything has it's day and I have many happy memories of working on the parts with various grandchildren at my elbow. watching. That's how long the game has been running! - at least three have become teenagers during those years. It began a little later than usual, this year, so they were all back at school for at least half of the parts this time.
Thank you for a lot of fun, and my mermaid was tatted with size 20 Lizbeth Fruit Fizz, with Valdani cotton for her hair.
Maureen in Brisbane, Queensland."
Actually I think the braiding looks GREAT, Maureen.



Jane has just arrived in my inbox and she says:
7. "Hi Jane, poor Milly is in the very middle of South Africa, 1000 kilometres from the coast, East or West, and 1000 kilometres from Cape Town! She must be a fresh water mermaid. Thread is Milford size 20. Thanks very much, the tat it and see was great fun, a good way to start the tatting year off."
Love her bow, Jane!



Sue's just arrived with her day 15 and says:
8. "Morning miss
Here's Tritana and her story will be on my blog shortly.
She's done in lizbeth 143 size 20 and her hair is Aida 20 white
From Sue in Brough, East Yorkshire, uk where it's cold and wet!! This is why she's popped up to say Hello!!"



Finally in this batch is Jacee who says:
9. "Dear Jane,
Last of my submissions here. Ain't she pretty? Thanks for all the fun again. Sincerely hope that we will have another Tias next year for it has been fun tatting along with tatters worldwide. Anticipating....
Last and not least, threads used are Lizabeth 134 Mountain Breeze for her body and tail, hair colour is Coats 403.
Jacee/Malaysia"
Gorgeous hair, Jacee.  Thanks for taking part.



Krystyna has sent in her day 15 with her mermaid before and after a very exotic hairdo!!!and this is what she has to say:
10. "Jane bardzo dziękuje za zabawę A oto efekt

Jane thank you very much for fun And here is the effect "
I LOVE her new hairstyle, Krystyna.




After a few hours away from the computer I've got a pretty full inbox!!! First in this session is from Anita who says:
11. "Hi Jane,
My mermaid is finished!
Thank you so much for organising TIAS this year, it has been so much fun!
The pattern for the mermaid is so pretty!
I do hope we will se a new design 2019, I look forward to it already.
It is impressing how many participated, so I know I am not the only one looking forward to this.
Anita
... and I forgot to say: I used Cebelia 20 and a local out of stock brand of the same size. And I am from Sweden. :-)"
WOW - love your mermaid's hair.  Perfect.


Cathlen has sent in her mermaid which but she doesn't want it to have hair!! She says:
12 "Sorry ! 
My mermaid will have no hair to put on a box. Yarn: Anchor mercer size 20 gray and light blue, eyes black ( 9/0 beads).
Thank you very much for the game! "
I think she looks great, Cathlen with or without hair!!!!!


13. Józsefné has sent in her mermaid - here she is.



Now I have Julie who has done an excellent job of translating the TIAS into French. Here's her mermaid:
14. "Hello Jane!
Here is my mermaid, a little sad to see this adventure ending!
It's been such an honour and a pleasure to share those 3 TIAS with you. Thank you so much for your kindness!"



Next in my inbox which is filling up rapidly is Jolimama. I will miss her cheerful pictures. She says:
15. "Drága Jane! Megszületett a hableány, amennyire vártam az új képeket, most annyira szomorú is vagyok, hogy itt a vége.
Reménykedem, hogy kipihened Magad, és jövő ilyenkor ismét játszhatunk együtt. Sokan vártuk, és várnánk tovább is, többen most csatlakoztak először. Tudom, hogy eljön az az idő, amikor nyugalomra vágyunk. A barátság megmarad, és szép élményeket kívánok Neked.
Jolimama, Magyarország - Tamási, egy kisváros.
Lisbeth 20-as, a haj és a test is.
Egy kép lakóhelyem Parkerdejéről, ahova szívesen kilátogatok, és a Sellő születése kép :-) 

Dear Jane! The birth of the mermaid as I waited for the new pictures, now I'm so sad that this is the end. 
I hope to relax, and this time next year we can play together again. Many people expected, and we would expect longer, more people now joined for the first time. I know that the time will come when we desire peace. The friendship remains, and I wish you a nice experience. 
Joli Mama, Hungary - Tamasi, a small town. 
Lisbeth 20s, the hair and the body. 
A picture of my house Jerold Forest Park, where reluctant crowd and the birth mermaid pictures :-)"
What a lovely place you live in, Jolimama.  I wish I lived near you as we could then tat together every day.




The next mermaid in my inbox is from Tine who says:
16. "Hello Jane
This is mine kleine zeemeermin.
The tias was agains verry nice to do. I can not wait til thex one.
Greets Tine Vedder the Netherlands"
Thank you, Tine. Lovely to talk to you again.


Valerie is next to arrive and she says:
17. "Dear Jane,
Am happy that I have completed this yet another beautiful TIAS pattern — a mermaid I named Amatheia (after a little bit of research). Thanks for all the fun you’ve put together, and BC3 for her brilliant ideas!
Will continue to look up your blog every now and then.
Many hugs,
Valerie

Oops! Forgot to mention... You know where I’m from (Singapore). As for the thread... dear me, I’d lost the label a long time back but they are not the Lisbeth. Size is #20, as usual. 😊"



Now I have days 12 and 13 from Magdalena. She says:
"Dzień trzynasty.Pozdrawiam cieplutko Magdalena.

Day Thirteen.
I greet warmly Magdalena."




Annie has arrived next and here's her comment:
18. "Dear Jane I am really sad, tomorrow there is no pattern that I wait for.
Thank you for lovely moments... thank you for wonderful pattern.
I love your tatting game.. thumbs up for you, Jane.
And I love my cute little mermaid that I made of Lizbeth thread #20 and colour 139.
Happy Tatting,
Annie - Indonesia"



Next in is Shelly who has sent in her completed mermaid. She says:
19. "And here she is. Lovely!I used Lizbeth threads. I did use a different color for the hair and streaked it. Very fun.
Thank you for these passed few years TIAS. It has been a fun game and a great way to start each new year. It has been fun to see how many tatters would join in from around this world of ours. I am in Georgia in the USA.
Shelly"



Agi has arrived with her mermaid and this is what she says:
20. "Dear Jane
The black-haired mermaid. :) I used DMC Babylo 20, color 51.
I really enjoyed the game, and I hope, next year will be again.
Ági from Hungary "



Next in is Carole who has sent in her mermaid. She says:
21. "Dear Jane, Here she is completed and at the sea shore looking for beach glass. Makes me crave summer weather. Thank you for all your hard work leading us on this adventure. My mermaid is made with Lizbeth thread, 158 Niagara Falls and 170 Pineapple parfait - hair. Carole Burlington, On Canada"



Judy made me smile with her comment. Love your mermaid, Judy. She says:
22. "Jane, 
Have to make a note to myself that vsp still means you can see It!
Hope to see your TIAS next year!"



Next to arrive is Barbara who says:
23. "I am Tomaszewska Barbara and I am from Poland 15 day --- we Tias201
We will follow the mermaid Brda
Best wishes"



Aleksandra is the next person in my inbox. She says:
24. "Dear Jane, and so this is the end. 
Here is my “TIAS-unia”. With a disheveled hair it looks like a mythical Medusa, when it is well-coiffed is a real Mermaid. 
It was made of Ariadna Kaja 15 thread and metalized thread Nowosolski cord (tail and hair). 
Your mermaid will be a bookmark for some little girl. She will be able to do her hairstyles.
A great pity that TIAS has come to an end. They were unforgettable moments and great fun. 
I was pleased to make you a virtual knowledge. 
I hope that maybe someday, somewhere we will meet up in the real world.
Aleksandra from Poland
Forgive my poor English."
Your English is excellent, Aleksandra. My Polish is none.  I would love to meet you too.  One day.




Margaret is next into the inbox which keeps filling up with more and more - thankfully. She says:
25. "Here I am at last, Jane.
I've been searching the stash to find the threads for the colour hair I wanted! Got there in the end, and here she is in all her glory on another page of my art book. I used Floretta4491 for the body and Gutterman thread with some unknown silver thread for her hair.
Thank you again for ten wonderful Tias's, we shall all miss them in the future. 
Margaret in Norfolk, England"
LOVE the picture, Margaret.  Thank you for taking part.  You're one of the few English tatters on the TIAS.



Next to arrive is Heidi. Lovely to see you here, lass. Here's what she says:
26. "Hi Jane,
I always tat along when I finally get started, but don't always post it to you every time I finish the day. Here's my sweet little mermaid with her fishy friend. This was done in Lizabeth 20 #139 body and #632 hair. Thanks for the fun tias, Heidi in Fresno, CA, USA."
May I ask - is your mermaid about to eat that fish for her dinner?!?!??



Denise has sent in her days 14 and 15 with this comment.
27. "I have really enjoyed doing the TIAS over the years. I have learned most of my tatting techniques from them. I will miss doing this but wish you well in your next adventures.
I used Lizbeth 112 for body and 683 for hair."



Ania has dropped in next with her finished mermaid. She says:
28. "Witaj Jane
Oto moja syrenka wykonana z Lizbeth 20.
Dziękuję za wspólną pracę
Ania Krause
Poland, Świdnica

Welcome to Jane
Here is my mermaid made of Lizbeth 20.
Thank you for working together
Anne Krause
Poland, Swidnica"



Julie is next to arrive and she's sent in her mermaid too. She says:
29. "Finally finished my mermaids. Thread is lizbeth size 20 coral splash. Hair is Sulky12 #1124 yellow & #1147 red. Julie from Missouri USA
Thanks for putting this game together. "



Now I have a day 14 from Bageshree. She says:
"Hello Jane,
Sorry late this time. Have been a bit busy over the weekend."



The next mermaid in is also from Bageshree who has sent in her day 15 too. She says:
30. "Dear Jane,
Finally, we know she is a mermaid. Cute little one.
But that means the fun is over for the time being.
Enjoyed tatting the pattern knowing so many of us are creating at the same time.
Thanks a lot for the pattern.
I used Red Heart mercerised cotton. Size 20
I am from Pune, India."
Thank you for joining us, Bageshree.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.



Off to Germany now for Erzsébet finished mermaid. She says:
31. "Dear Jane !
It was a very good job, I liked it as a beginner.
Here is my work of day 15
Yours sincerely from Germany Erzsébet"



Berit is next and she says:
32. "Dear Jane,
Here comes a mermaid from Norway, tatted with Lizbeth 20 in de colours 637 purple and 696 yellow.
Thank you so much for the Tias 2018, it has been a great pleasure to tat this and the previous ones. 
We shall all miss your yearly Tias and hope you will miss us too so much that you will start thinking of another Tias again, some year!
Best wishes,
Berit
In Oslo"
I may just have to do another, Berit, as the winter will be boring without. We'll see.



Next to arrive is Joanna with her days 14 and 15. She says:
33. "Hi, Jane! Below are photos of my work for TIAS day 14 and 15. My Mermaid jumped into the water. I used Lizbeth thread 185 and Yarn Art thread for hair. Thank you for the nice time, Joanna from Poland"




Sarah is next in with her last rhyme of the TIAS. She says.
34. "Good evening Jane, Well I did it … I managed 15 days of rhymes! I may just have to randomly send you one on occasion TIAS or no.

TIAS has come to an end.
This is the last rhyme I will send.
Thank you Jane for all you’ve done
to make this game so much fun.
With the fun that you provide
tatters connect far and wide.
Perhaps your decision you will re-think
and one day continue this annual link.
Tatting your patterns is a pleasure
and you, dear lady, ARE a treasure.

Sarah … Connecticut USA
Thread: Lizbeth# 147, Red Burst
I’m not sure what the hair is… something sparkly I found in my stash
but it doesn’t have a label with it. "



Cindy has arrived next with her day 12. She says:
"Hi Jane,
Today is a holiday in the USA, and I have had a chance to do a little catch up. Between kids (I have 4, all between the ages 4 and 11) and volunteer jobs, I got kind of way behind. You probably are already finished, I saw day 15!!! was posted. But I am trying very hard not to look ahead to see what it will be… Here is my mermaid (or whatever it will end up being…) "
Good idea not to look ahead as you maybe disappointed!!


Lucyna is next to arrive with her completed mermaid. I love the hair and the pictures of your cat. Lucyna says:
35. "Cześć Jane! Dzięki za wspaniałą zabawę. Cieszę się, że mogłam w niej uczestniczyć. Czekam niecierpliwie na TIAS 2019.
Serdecznie pozdrawiam
LUCYNA STANISZEWSKA, Poland

Hi Jane! Thanks for a great time. I am glad that I could participate in it. I look forward to TIAS 2019. 
Best wishes 
LUCYNA STANISZEWSKA, Poland"





36. "Hi Jane,
Last day ! I’m a little sad because it is the last day of the last TIAS.
Thank you for this year and the year before. It was a great pleasure.
Here is the blog post : http://aliance-so.fr/tias-2018
I’m from south west on France. I used Lizbeth 20 col. 163 Blue Ice.
Best regards
AnSo Alia"



Cindy is back again and this time with her day 13. She says:
"Hi Jane,
I even managed to finish day 13! I had 4 cm (about 1 1/2 inches) of thread left after tying off! Nice guess on the amount for that shuttle. I love not having much extra, as long as I can actually finish tying it. I will have to work the threads away tomorrow, as it is getting quite dark, even at 3 pm. It has been cloudy, wet and hot (23 C) here in Dallas. Still think it is a mermaid. I guess I will know when I get to do the 14th piece, but that might have to wait for tomorrow. Kids want attention… "



Teresa has just arrived with her day 15 which just happens to be a mermaid!!! She says:
37. "Dearest Jane,
It is with deep regret that I send my last photo. I have so enjoyed your annual game. Not is the puzzle always fun but there is always something to be learned or a skill to be reinforced!
The current temperature in Ennis, MT, USA is 3F (-16C) although it is sunny for the first time in several days. We’re enjoying our propane stove all nice and snug in our log home. The threads used are Lizabeth 20 with the body (and hair tie) in color #169 (Autumn Apple Pie). Her stunning long locks are color #690 (Mocha Lt Brown). Her eyes are some golden that I found in a kit from some PTG TatDays but I have no idea what year or the pattern but they suffice for this project. Hope to see you soon somewhere!
BTW, I’m still in the process of doing all the TIAS in White for our Christmas tree! I’ll send a picture later this year."



Finally today I have Kay's finished mermaid. She says:
38. "Dear Jane,
I've decided my little mermaid needs a name too since she has lovely locks of hair and is all ready to go for a swim now, so Myrtle Mermaid she is. She was designed by the VERY talented Jane Eborall, who kept many of us guessing and chuckling throughout much of the game. THANKS Jane!
Myrtle was tatted with Lizbeth #20 Fruit Fizz (20-139), tail Lizbeth #20 Boysenberry Dark (20-644), and lovely locks with leftover fingerling sock yarn. Thought her hair needed to be a bit fuller and wanted to give her that extra sparkle! What fun it has been....sad to see this TIAS end, but happy to see Myrtle emerge. My helpers, Bernese Mt. Dogs, Iorek and Gretta, are in the photo with Myrtle and one of her friends.
Warmest regards from the frozen Northland of Tok, Alaska
Kay Lynn Odle-Moore, Champion Summers Tanana Aureus Aestas, CD,BN, RN (Iorek) & Silverbirch Tanana Aurea Bling, CD, BN, RAE1 (Gretta-girl)"


No comments: